Organisée chaque année à Bruxelles, l’OR Day réunit des professionnels variées (professionnels de la santé et de l’éducation à la santé, program managers…), pour une réflexion et discussion sur des thèmes d’intérêt pour la communauté humanitaire.
09.15 OPENING REMARKS
09.15 Slot 1: Neglected diseases & Nutrition
Chairs: Prof. Marleen Boelaert and Dr. Marc Gastellu-Etcheggory
- The challenge of implementing innovation in MSF: the case study of parenteral artesunate as treatment for severe malaria
Martin De Smet
- Chagas disease: a challenge in a non-endemic European country: Bergamo province (Northern Italy)
Ernestina Carla Repetto
- Liposomal amphotericin B treatment for complicated Kala-azar in Eastern Sudan
Niven. A. Salih
- Different prevention strategies, including cash distribution for malnutrition in Niger: what’s best?
11.00 Slot 2: Improving HIV Outcomes: Operational Research towards Policy Change
Chairs: Prof. Shabbar Jaffar and Dr. Marc Biot
- Multi-country viral load outcomes: How far are our patients from "undetectable"?
- Impact of Point of Care CD4 testing at HIV diagnosis among youth in Khayelitsha, South Africa
Gilles Van Cutsem
- HIV disclosure to infected children and adolescents: how well is MSF doing?
- Early results of PMTCT B + to reduce HIV transmission in Thyolo, Malawi
Laura Trivino Duran
13.30 Slot 3: Entry to and retention in care in difficult circumstances
Chairs: Prof. Anthony Harries and Dr. Jean-Paul Jemmy
- Drug resistant Tuberculosis – escape from the cascade in the Ukrainian prison system
- Management of hypertension and/or diabetes mellitus, in Kibera slum in Kenya
- Reducing adverse maternal and neonatal outcomes: a maternity waiting home in a conflict zone, Masisi, DRC
- Conservative treatment of fresh obstetric fistula in Burundi: Where are the patients?
Wilma Van Den Boogaard
15.15 Slot 4: Health care in Conflict and Emergencies
Chairs: Dr. Egbert Sondorp and Dr. Catherine van Overloop
- How well do we provide emergency care in Burao hospital, Somaliland
- Mental health services in a district hospital in a conflict affected region of Pakistan: for who and for what condition?
Benedicte Van Bellinghen
- How the choice of refugee camp location affects the capacity to meet humanitarian needs in South Sudan
Rafael Van den Bergh
- Measles vaccination coverage surveys in the DRC point towards "failure to vaccinate" as the reason for outbreaks
Michel Van Herp