09.00 OPENING REMARKS
09.15 Slot 1: Maternal / Child health and nutrition
Chairs: Fabienne Richard / Sven Gudmund Hinderaker
- Plumpy Nut - How acceptable is it for malnourished pregnant & lactating women in a Slum setting in Bangladesh?
- Is there a way forward to reduce maternal mortality in Africa? The MSF experience in Burundi
- Malaria detection in relation to fever among malnourished children in Ethiopia - Have we got it right?
- Is Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) sufficient for admitting children for nutritional rehabilitation in an urban slum in Dhaka, Bangladesh?
11.00 Slot 2: Hospitals and Surgery
Chairs: Jean Claude Schmit
- Are prescriptions for malaria and Lower Respiratory Tract Infection rational in an MSF referral hospital in rural Sierra Leone?
Marjolein De Bruycker
- Making a real difference for women with Obstetric fistulas in Burundi – a neglected disease in Africa
- Emergency surgical interventions in a conflict in Ivory Coast: who are the patients and what are their needs?
- Integrating a neonatal care package within a district hospital setting in Burundi – How well are we doing?
13.30 Slot 3: HIV and TB
Chairs: Lut Lynen / Anthony D. Harries
- Impact of Xpert® MTB/RIF on diagnosis of tuberculosis (TB) in African sites
- Making quality diagnostics available: Validation of finger-prick dried blood spots (DBS) for HIV viral load monitoring in a decentralized programme in Thyolo District, Malawi
- Outcomes and challenges of treating HIV, drugresistant tuberculosis (DRTB) co-infected patients in a large urban slum setting in Mumbai, India
- Model of care for the provision of cross-border antiretroviral therapy to migrant Zimbabwean farmworkers in Musina, South Africa
Gilles Van Cutsem
11.00 Slot 4: Neglected Field Research
Chairs: Marleen Boelaert / Paul Hunter
- Lassa fever – a neglected disease in Africa – who are the patients and what are their outcomes in an MSF referral hospital in rural Sierra Leone
- Is there a relation between village water supply and length of stay in nutrition rehabilitation programs: a study from Niger
- Sexual violence in post conflict Liberia. Is the package of care we offer adequate?
- Is operational research delivering the goods? Assessing the impact of OR on policy and practice