Once a year, Médecins Sans Frontières holds the OR Day in Brussels to present field research carried out in its programs worldwide and to incite reflexion and debate on interventions on the field.
09.15 OPENING REMARKS
09.15 Slot 1: Neglected diseases & Nutrition
Chairs: Prof. Marleen Boelaert and Dr. Marc Gastellu-Etcheggory
- The challenge of implementing innovation in MSF: the case study of parenteral artesunate as treatment for severe malaria
Martin De Smet
- Chagas disease: a challenge in a non-endemic European country: Bergamo province (Northern Italy)
Ernestina Carla Repetto
- Liposomal amphotericin B treatment for complicated Kala-azar in Eastern Sudan
Niven. A. Salih
- Different prevention strategies, including cash distribution for malnutrition in Niger: what’s best?
11.00 Slot 2: Improving HIV Outcomes: Operational Research towards Policy Change
Chairs: Prof. Shabbar Jaffar and Dr. Marc Biot
- Multi-country viral load outcomes: How far are our patients from "undetectable"?
- Impact of Point of Care CD4 testing at HIV diagnosis among youth in Khayelitsha, South Africa
Gilles Van Cutsem
- HIV disclosure to infected children and adolescents: how well is MSF doing?
- Early results of PMTCT B + to reduce HIV transmission in Thyolo, Malawi
Laura Trivino Duran
13.30 Slot 3: Entry to and retention in care in difficult circumstances
Chairs: Prof. Anthony Harries and Dr. Jean-Paul Jemmy
- Drug resistant Tuberculosis – escape from the cascade in the Ukrainian prison system
- Management of hypertension and/or diabetes mellitus, in Kibera slum in Kenya
- Reducing adverse maternal and neonatal outcomes: a maternity waiting home in a conflict zone, Masisi, DRC
- Conservative treatment of fresh obstetric fistula in Burundi: Where are the patients?
Wilma Van Den Boogaard
15.15 Slot 4: Health care in Conflict and Emergencies
Chairs: Dr. Egbert Sondorp and Dr. Catherine van Overloop
- How well do we provide emergency care in Burao hospital, Somaliland
- Mental health services in a district hospital in a conflict affected region of Pakistan: for who and for what condition?
Benedicte Van Bellinghen
- How the choice of refugee camp location affects the capacity to meet humanitarian needs in South Sudan
Rafael Van den Bergh
- Measles vaccination coverage surveys in the DRC point towards "failure to vaccinate" as the reason for outbreaks
Michel Van Herp