MSF works with teams of qualified, specialised, motivated gynecologists/obstetricians who provide high-quality care for patients.
Our maternity units and surgical projects deliver high-quality standardised care (protocols, hygiene, technical platform and medicinal products) and, despite the unstable or remote settings in which we work, MSF provides the appropriate expatriate and local human resources to ensure the provision of high-quality care for patients.
Our need for gynecologists/obstetricians is increasing and crucial for our projects because:
- They contribute their expertise to the overall care of patients.
- They also play a role in training and in sharing expertise with local doctors.
We are urgently looking for female gynecologists/obstetricians for our maternity units in Afghanistan and Pakistan, where only female medics are accepted.
- Training the midwives, nurses and local doctors.
- Managing the obstetric procedures in close cooperation with the paramedical and medical team.
- Managing the labour and delivery rooms with the midwives.
- Managing post-partum complications.
- Carrying out patient rounds every day.
- A certification in gynecology-obstetrics.
- Desire to share knowledge, skills and experience with colleagues.
- Experience in team management, training and supervision.
- Available for a minimum period of six weeks.
- Ability to adapt to working with sometimes limited resources.
- Applications from female gynecologists/obstetricians are sought.
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good French and English language skills
- Preparation for departure on assignment, briefing and debriefing.
- Health insurance.
- Transportation, vaccinations, visa and accommodation expenses.
- Monthly salary and per diem.
- A humanitarian medical training offer.
- Personal follow up of humanitarian competencies.
- A dynamic, stimulating and multicultural work environment.