A midwife is responsible for the implementation and follow-up of various project activities regarding sexual and reproductive health.
Your responsibilities as a midwife include:
- the provision of medical high quality and comprehensive care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities
- the reinforcement of the implementation of standardized protocols for pregnancy and delivery care, sexual violence victim care, family planning, prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV/AIDS, prevention of sexually transmitted disease, abortion care, etc
- organisational aspects (human resource management, pharmacy management, gathering of statistical data, etc.), as well as training supervision, evaluation and guidance of the national staff.
The midwife has the requisite knowledge and skills to form the basis of high quality, culturally relevant, appropriate care for women, newborns and childbearing families.
- Bachelor in midwifery
- Diploma in tropical medicine or at least 1 year of relevant working experience in a tropical context
- Relevant professional experience
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good French and English language skills
Length of mission
- 6 to 12 months