As a medical coordinator you are responsible for the medical quality of the projects. You develop MSF medical programs in your country of assignment and coordinate the medical response in case of crisis, in collaboration with the head of mission and in conformity with MSF policies and medical ethics.
You maintain necessary contacts with the Minister of Health and sector authorities. You establish a list of medical articles to order and carry out various statistical analysis. You collect information, essentially medical, that is useful for analysis and advocacy. You ensure the organization, supervision and training of medical teams and evaluate staff under your responsibility.
The medical coordinator will have knowledge in the public health field, infectious disease, and maternal and infant health.
• Medical doctor title or bachelor in science of nursing
• Diploma in tropical medicine or at least 1 year of relevant working experience in a tropical context
• MSF experience
• Leadership and management of a team
• Strong analytic and strategic vision ability
• Flexibility and ability to work under stress
• Diplomatic skills