• If you receive a phone call: know that only promises of support are required and that no financial transactions can be recorded. There is no exchange of bank information. You will receive a confirmation letter stating the promise made on the phone.
• If you meet MSF staff on the street, in a public place or if they show up at your door, please know that we will never accept cash. Instead, we give people who want to support the organization the opportunity to fill a form with a donation promise.
Teams are easily recognizable: each employee wears clothes and a badge with the MSF logo. Work on the street is always performed around a stand made of a counter and MSF promotional material. We recruit and train the staff ourselves, and stand by them for the duration of the mission.
If we show up at your door, we never ask to come inside and the discussion occurs on the doorstep.
• If you receive a solicitation letter, know that MSF uses only one mailing address for donations: Doctors Without Borders, 68, rue de Gasperich - L-1617 Luxembourg. For questions, please contact our donor service at 33 25 15.
The banking information needed to process your payment is fully secure. They are not stored on our computer systems. Through the SSL encryption of your bank details, you are assured of the reliability of your Internet transactions. To be sure: the space is secure when the MSF URL begins with https.
The personal data that we collect directly or indirectly is processed in accordance with the new GDPR legislation on the protection of personal data, which gives you a right of access, modification, rectification and deletion of personal information concerning you.
For more information, please read our privacy notice.
Each year we publish a detailed report, which inclues our missions, their costs and the use of your donations. Our section’s national report and the international report are both available on this page. We also remain available at all times to answer your questions.
MSF is indebted to you for the trust you place in us. The accounts and balance sheets are audited annually by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and approved by the Board of Doctors Without Borders. MSF and its financial department go even further in implementing and developing a serie of measures (management control, internal control, internal audit...) in order to guarantee transparency and ensure the proper use of funds entrusted to us.
Watever type of mail we send, be assured that we strive to minimize our expenses. For example, the unit cost of our Reflets magazine (mailing included) is only around €0.36.
Therefore, thanks to our good expense management and the generosity of our donors, every euro we invest enables us to collect more than ten euros.
We also give special attention to paper and packaging we use for our mailings, by always choosing recyclable and / or biodegradable solutions.
Aware of its responsibility to its donors, MSF uses principles in its fundraising that defend:
• Independence, refusing money from conflict sources for our mission;
• An approach based on needs, which doesn’t dramatize or idealize our activities for marketing purposes;
• Accountability and transparency in the use of donations;
• Respect and honesty in how we talk about our patients;
• Effectiveness and efficiency in order to maximize the return on investment for our collection actions.