There are several ways to make a donation :
- Directly online by following this link
- By wire transfer to one of our accounts :
CCP LU751111000048480000 BIC: CCPLLULL
BCEE LU520019165575634000 BIC : BCEELULL
BIL LU440021141000000000 BIC : BILLLULL
BGL BNP PARIBAS LU480030339600421000 BIC : BGLLLULL
For each of your gifts, you will receive a letter of appreciation, confirming we have received your support. Your tax certificate will also be addressed to you once a year, with a summary of your donations.. If your support is regular (by direct debit), your receipt are sent at the beginning of each year for the donations of the previous year. In any case , if you have not received, or if you have lost, your tax receipt, you can contact the Donor service by email: email@example.com or by phone: 33 25 15.
You will find all the necessary information by following this link .
MSF does not accept drug donations nor clothing and toys.
Most drugs often have an expiration date older than one year, which is in contradiction to the World Health Organization’s guidelines. When a donation does not come directly from a producer, MSF isn’t able to guarantee the quality of medicines and therefore can not use them.
The drugs must also be adapted to the country where they are used. They must be approved by its government and be accompanied by a label written in the local language. Finally, it is often cheaper to buy and send drugs following the usual procedure than it is to send specific drug donations.
MSF is a medical organization, therefore it is not useful in our case to collect clothing.
For over 15 years, Luxembourg health professionals have been rallying to support MSF's activities by displaying an MSF piggybank in their medical offices. You can order yours for free by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 33 25 15.
Legacies and donations are strong acts of inestimable significance for our actions. They give our teams the means to save lives in the field. You will find all relevant information to your decision by following this link.
The goal of sending Reflets magazine and news of MSF missions is to keep you informed of the actions our teams can lead thanks to your support.
However, if you find you receive too much or too often, you can of course ask to receive it less frequently or even to stop receiving it. Simply contact our Donor Service (33 25 15) or send an email to email@example.com stating your details.
BECOME A REGULAR DONOR
MSF uses the phone as part of fundraising activities to create genuine dialogue with donors. We thank and inform people of our actions and our needs, and invite them to join our regular donors or enhance their amount of support. The choice, of course, is theirs.
Regular support is the fastest, most convenient and efficient way to support us. You can set it up :
- Through a SEPA direct debit whereby you authorize us to charge your donation with the date and amount of your choice.
- By setting up a recurring wire transfer with your bank.
- Directly online by following this link.
For more information, contact your bank or our donor service at 33 25 15.
To inform us of your bank details, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your contact details, or by mail to the following address: MSF - Donor Service - 68, rue de Gasperich - L-1617 Luxembourg.
It is mainly thanks to you that MSF can guarantee its financial independence. However, if your personal situation has changed or if you no longer wish to support Doctors Without Borders, you can interrupt the debit donations by contacting the donor service at Médecins Sans Frontières.
• If you receive a phone call: know that only promises of support are required and that no financial transactions can be recorded. There is no exchange of bank information. You will receive a confirmation letter stating the promise made on the phone.
• If you meet MSF staff on the street, in a public place or if they show up at your door, please know that we will never accept cash. Instead, we give people who want to support the organization the opportunity to fill a form with a donation promise.
Teams are easily recognizable: each employee wears clothes and a badge with the MSF logo. Work on the street is always performed around a stand made of a counter and MSF promotional material. We recruit and train the staff ourselves, and stand by them for the duration of the mission.
If we show up at your door, we never ask to come inside and the discussion occurs on the doorstep.
• If you receive a solicitation letter, know that MSF uses only one mailing address for donations: Doctors Without Borders, 68, rue de Gasperich - L-1617 Luxembourg. For questions, please contact our donor service at 33 25 15.
The banking information needed to process your payment is fully secure. They are not stored on our computer systems. Through the SSL encryption of your bank details, you are assured of the reliability of your Internet transactions. To be sure: the space is secure when the MSF URL begins with https.
The personal data that we collect directly or indirectly is processed in accordance with the new GDPR legislation on the protection of personal data, which gives you a right of access, modification, rectification and deletion of personal information concerning you.
For more information, please read our privacy notice.
Each year we publish a detailed report, which inclues our missions, their costs and the use of your donations. Our section’s national report and the international report are both available on this page. We also remain available at all times to answer your questions.
MSF is indebted to you for the trust you place in us. The accounts and balance sheets are audited annually by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and approved by the Board of Doctors Without Borders. MSF and its financial department go even further in implementing and developing a serie of measures (management control, internal control, internal audit...) in order to guarantee transparency and ensure the proper use of funds entrusted to us.
Watever type of mail we send, be assured that we strive to minimize our expenses. For example, the unit cost of our Reflets magazine (mailing included) is only around €0.36.
Therefore, thanks to our good expense management and the generosity of our donors, every euro we invest enables us to collect more than ten euros.
We also give special attention to paper and packaging we use for our mailings, by always choosing recyclable and / or biodegradable solutions.
Aware of its responsibility to its donors, MSF uses principles in its fundraising that defend:
• Independence, refusing money from conflict sources for our mission;
• An approach based on needs, which doesn’t dramatize or idealize our activities for marketing purposes;
• Accountability and transparency in the use of donations;
• Respect and honesty in how we talk about our patients;
• Effectiveness and efficiency in order to maximize the return on investment for our collection actions.