The OR Day is an event dedicated to sharing the latest operational research findings and discussing how they can be used to change policies and practices. Hosted by MSF’s operational research unit LuxOR and the MSF Operational Centre OCB in Brussels every year in late spring, the OR Day brings together researchers, medical professionals, and field staff from MSF and partner organizations.
The OR Day is open to MSF colleagues, partners, and external guests and can be followed live online. For questions and further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR Day 2019
This year, the OR Day will take place on Friday 31 May 2019 at the MSF Brussels office.
This year's panel topics will focus on the right care for victims of violence, key populations for HIV, TB, and HCV care, and moving from operational research to policy and practice change.
9:15 - INTRODUCTORY VIDEO AND OPENING REMARKS
9:30 to 11:00 - SLOT 1
The Right Care for Victims of Violence
- “My mind is not like before:” Psychosocial rehabilitation of refugee victims of torture and other forms of ill-treatment in Athens.
- “What about boys?” Access to care and type of assault suffered among male victims of sexual violence, a multicentric study of MSF programs in seven countries in Africa
- “Better dead than being mocked:” Unwanted pregnancy and abortion, an anthropological study on perceptions and attitude. Mweso, Mambasa and Lulingu, DRC 2018.
11:30 to 13:00 - SLOT 2
- Combined presentation of two studies: 1. High level of pre-treatment HIV-1 drug resistance in a rural and an urban setting in Mozambique / 2. High level of HIV-1 drug resistance among patients with first-line ART failure in three health facilities in Tete province and Maputo city, Mozambique
- Very poor short- and medium-term patient outcomes amongst critically ill patients hospitalized for HIV in Guinea, Conakry
- Responding to the substance use challenge in rifampicin-resistant tuberculosis: Preliminary outcomes of a primary health care substance use management model in Khayelitsha, South Africa
14:00 to 15:30 - SLOT 3
- An innovative water, sanitation and hygiene toolkit to fight cholera and typhoid fever: The road to change in Harare, Zimbabwe
- Diphtheria anti-toxin administration, outcomes, and safety in response to a diphtheria outbreak in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Reasons for non-vaccination in Conakry, Guinea: A qualitative analysis