Call for Abstracts
The OR Day is an event dedicated to sharing the latest operational research findings and exploring strategies for evidence-based policy and practice change. Hosted by MSF’s operational research unit LuxOR, the South Africa Medical Unit SAMU, and the MSF Operational Centre OCB in Brussels every year in late spring, the OR Day brings together researchers, medical professionals, and field staff from MSF and partner organizations.
The OR Day 2020 will take place on Friday 5 June 2020.
For the OR Day 2020, abstracts of recently completed or ongoing studies and operational research projects can be submitted via an online abstract server from 30 January to 2 March 2020.
- Submit your abstract here.
- To learn about the previous OR Days’ agenda, topics and format, visit orday.msf.lu.
MSF OCB is looking for operationally relevant research and latest evidence with uptake strategies or strong potential for improving programmes, influencing relevant policy, or advocating for change with partners and external stakeholders. Submitted abstracts will be evaluated against the selection criteria of:
- Operational relevance. Operational research is designed in line with current the objectives of MSF OCB or intersectional medical, operational and advocacy strategies and corresponding to populations’ needs.
- Scientific rigor. Study design and implementation must be scientifically valid, clear, and reproducible, meeting high methodological and analytical standards.
- Potential for policy & practice: Operational research delivering evidence for tangible change at policy and practice level, and research projects including dedicated uptake strategies.
- Innovative interventions. Research describing and assessing novel models of care, programmes, or service delivery.
Selection process & key dates
- Abstracts Submission: 29 January - 02 March 2020.
- Announcement of selected studies: 31 March 2020
- Latest arrival in Brussels for speaker preparations: 2 June 2020
- OR Day: 5 June 2020