As a surgeon you supervise and coordinate surgery service in its entirety. You ensure the quality of surgical service in emergency room, out-patient clinic, operating theatre, in-patient department and dressing room.
You’re responsible for providing the best surgical care to patients by working in strong collaboration with the team (anaesthesiologists, OT-nurses, ward nurses and others) and by training the personnel in the operating room and in the surgical ward.
Read Changing things is also a profession for surgical teams.
- Completed residency in surgery with valid degree and current license
- Independent surgical practice after residency is desirable
- Current or recent experience is desirable
- Experience working in resource limited context is desirable
- Experience working in war surgery context is desirable
- Commitment to the values of the MSF charter
- Willingness to leave on mission without your partner and/or family and to work in an unstable environment
- Good French and English language skill
Length of mission
- 6 weeks - 6 months